The course was built as a parkland site, opening in 1910, and was formerly part of the Goodhart Estate and still retains much of the original flat terrain dominated by many maturing oak trees. It is a haven of peace and solitude which is surprising considering its close proximity to the centre of London.
The course is set in 120 acres and measures 6453 off the medal tees with a par of 69. With a Standard Scratch Score of 71, it provides an unrelenting, but fair, challenge to the serious golfer. The course has been used as a Regional Open qualifier on numerous occasions and is well known for its exceptional greens. The yellow and red tees are slightly more forgiving but still present a fine test for all standards.
In 1926 Henry Cotton, at the age of 19, took up his first job as a full time professional golfer at Langley Park. He left in 1933 and won his first Open the next year.
The Club has produced many fine golfers over the years including Peter Hedges (Walker Cup),Toby Shannon (British Boys Champion), Danny Holmes (2010 English Mid Amateur Championship for the Logan Trophy), Roger Chapman (English Amateur Champion), Sarah German (English and British International Player) and George Jackson (the British One-Armed Champion).